Wednesday, December 14, 2011

JUST GOTO HELL!!!!!!!!!!

Again just a title to get your attention..........
So I came across this marquee in front of a local church while I was riding down the street in Pocomoke last week.  I am aware that not every Christian will believe like me & I also know that everyone has the right to post whatever they want on the Internet, in a newspaper article or marquee. 


With that being said, I have to question, where is the love of Christ in this churches marquee? We as Christians sometimes wonder or are even plagued as to why people (we call sinners) don't wanna be Christians.  We blame their lifestyles, their choices, their sin or unwillingness to give up cherished things.  Consequently we blame the "so-called" sinner on not receiving the truth WE give, but don't we have responsibility on how it's delivered?  I have been a Christian for going on 12 years and I have witnessed and even been part of (which I'm sad to say) conversations where Christians have belittled or looked down upon someone for not listening to the Gospel we deliver.  I have been arrogantly proud of the way I have delivered THE GOSPEL to others,  sorta with the mindset, "Well I told them".  


I also understand that there are many ways to share ones love for Jesus to others and the way I feel Christ has shown me may be different than what others feel.  To me though the above marquee doesn't produce anything but religious, sarcastic, hatred.  If we as Christians do believe in the severity of hell and that the pain and torment is eternal then why would we compare it to something as simple or meaningless as Barbecue.  I sorta get the feeling that this marquee and whoever put it up are a little bitter about their lack of partying happening in their life.  


The scripture stated on this marquee says, "Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."  No where in that scripture does it speak of "partying" or break down "what they had done" to send people into hell.  So as it is often with Christians we take from the Bible what WE believe it says and then impose it upon others.  


In closing it is my opinion that it is not our job to decide who has or hasn't taken up the cross, who is worthy or unworthy of eternal salvation through JESUS simply because we do not know the true heart or intent of anyone.  Even so we are all fallen & still sinful, that's where Gods grace come in,  it's not our job to decide who is worthy or isn't worthy of hell, that's a job above my pay grade.  Anyone that would say, when i get to hell I wanna party is obviously making a statement out of ignorance and unaware of what hell could possibly be like.  All I'm saying is those statements to me push away people more than any other thing someone does.   I guess if someone chooses to post signs like this than that's their choice.  All I can do is love Jesus & people (sinner & saint) & repent when i fall.  


This is disgusting & makes me sad...How or why would anyone come to Christ based on this, no wisdom involved, So i am sorry for everyone that isn't a follower of Christ who was or is bothered by this.  Now a days the name "CHRISTIAN" doesn't settle well with most people and its not because their unrighteous.  If I were to say that I am a Navy Seal, someone might be like, "Wow, that's amazing" they might even be a little in awe, but if we state that were Christian some might draw the conclusion, "Oh they hate gay people", "Their boring", "The don't drink, smoke, cuss, watch rated "R" movies or listen to secular music".  As a Christian I feel we need to do a better job of loving others.  As my good friend Justin Barnes says, "Maybe we should open up our arms, instead of pointing our fingers".   I attempt to live by Proverbs 24:16, "For a righteous man falls seven times, but gets up and the wicked fall in lays in calamity"  I am a flawed man who falls daily (hourly) an attempts to get up.  The above marquee to me is not Jesus & this again is also only my opinion.  GOD BLESS & PEACE!!!


Below I have song lyrics (Jesus, friend of sinners) that truly represents the cry of my heart and it is from my favorite Christian group called Casting Crowns... CHECK IT OUT!!!!

Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus, friend of sinners, the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours

Jesus, friend of sinners, the one who's writing in the sand
Make the righteous turn away and the stones fall from their hands
Help us to remember we are all the least of thieves
Let the memory of Your mercy bring Your people to their knees
No one knows what we're for only against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did

You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet

'Cause You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks Yours

And I was the lost cause and I was the outcast
Yeah...
You died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your fee

No comments:

Post a Comment